Omeprazole 10 mg.
- Asians have ~4-fold higher exposure to omeprazole than whites
- CYP2C19, a polymorphic enzyme, is involved in the metabolism of omeprazole
- ~15-20% of Asians are CYP2C19 poor metabolizers
- Tests are available to identify a patient’s CYP2C19 genotype
- Avoid use in Asian patients with unknown CYP2C19 genotype or those who are known to be poor metabolizers
- Table of Contents
- Brief Summary
- Dosing & Uses
- Adverse Effects
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Warnings
- Patient Education
- Post More Contents
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use Omez 10 only for the indication prescribed.